Purnima’s AYM Massage Full Training is designed for you to have a professional massage practice, and you are also welcome to join us if you are looking for a new skill to share with your family. This training is a great opportunity to treat yourself as well, because you will be intensively receiving the technique as part of the course. While you are learning and practicing your body will get stronger, you will wake up your body consciousness and connect more with your intuition, learning to listen better to your soul and your needs. It’s a beautiful path of transformation, healing, building up self-esteem and self-love.
The AYM Full Training includes 63 hours of contact time. This is a hands-on training that covers both theoretical and practical content, working with deep inquiry and exploring the AYM technique by experiencing it intensively. Some alternative therapies such as meditation, wake up basic yoga practice, dynamics and breathwork may well be offered to the group as support to the student’s learning process. The training covers the technique in its full and original form, honouring its original creator; Kusum Modak. It includes supervised practice, review of content with Q&A, guidance on the use of props, applied anatomy, subtle anatomy, pathology and case studies, contraindications, postural correction and practices for the welfare of the student. Students receive a manual with photos and a certificate at the end of the course.
There are three parts to the learning process:
- Observation: Explanation & demonstration of content;
- Action: In pairs, practice of the content demonstrated;
- Integration: Internalising what was taught through direct experience.
Includes a total of 63 hours of contact time of theoretical and practical content. No prior experience is required at this stage. Upon completion you will be able to perform a complete sequence of the technique and all the variations to attend to the individual needs of your client at a professional level.
Certificates of participation will be given to each student who completes this phase. The content of the training will mainly be given in this training is as follows:
- Introduction to the basics of the technique (structure & practice);
- The elements of AYM
- The seven steps of the massage sequence;
- Learning to warm up the muscles;
- Use of hands, forearms, elbows and feet (walking on the back);
- Understanding the quality of the touch to perform AYM;
- Using massage props (why and when to use them);
- Manoeuvres and stretching – how to apply and its variations;
- Synchronisation of the pressure and breath;
- Learning to set up an 1 hour sequence (which is the original duration) that will serve the needs of each client;
- Applied anatomy to the technique and subtle anatomy, pathology and application of the studied content;
- Why the anamnesis form is essential;
- Postural correction and student welfare practices (preparing the body for delivery)
- Review with Q&A
- Supervised Practice (individual correction, gaining accuracy)
- The need for meditation and yoga to a massage therapist.
Learning Stars Montessori School
85 Wembley Park Drive
Early bird £1150 until 31 March
After that the full total will be £1250.
Get in touch to pay in installments until 20th of May.
ADVANCED TRAINING – Coming soon!
Prerequisites: completion of the AYM Full Training
The Advanced Training is the opportunity to deepen the technique in its scope and complexity. After mastering the practice learned in the AYM Full Training, students can reach the necessary maturity to start an advanced practice of stretches and manoeuvers.