Deep tissue massage is a special massage technique that reaches deeper layers of muscle and fibrous tissue. Some manoeuvres are similar to the ones used in a classic massage, but the movements are steady and slower. Pressure is applied more profoundly and focused on parts of the body with the greatest tension and pain.
It is most renowned for:
- Releasing the tensions associated with headaches;
- Stress relief;
- Lessening sciatica caused by pressure or injury on the sciatic nerve,
- Resolving dance injuries;
- Appeasing acute and chronic pain;
- Reducing risks of injury;
- Improving flexibility;
- Relieving back and neck pain;
- Releasing muscle or joint tension and spasm; and
- Improving posture and body awareness.
Each session lasts one hour.