Immerse yourself in the transformative art of Ayurvedic Yoga Massage Therapy. Reconnect to nature, live in community, and learn a life skill or new profession as an Ayurvedic Yoga Massage Therapist.
This ten day immersion is a unique opportunity to absorb the teachings of Prem Purnima, as passed down by the Master Kusum Modak. Purnima was extensively trained in Ayurvedic Yoga Massage Therapy (AYMT) by Kusum, and has dedicated 23 years to this path already.
Perhaps you want to start a professional massage practice, learn a new treatment offering, or maybe you are simply curious about the healing power of touch. In addition to your desire to learn the art of AYMT you may also be drawn to this immersion if you are seeking a deeper connection to self, nature and community.
Whilst the training program will be full, we will also give you time to explore or simply rest in the heather clad moors and rugged tors of our back garden – Dartmoor National Park.
THE IMMERSION EXPERIENCE
We are taking you into the wilderness for this immersion so that you can be fully connected to nature and to your higher self. The 10 day training will be complemented with practices and adventures to support your learning process, and encourage you to:
- ground and centre
- connect to your higher self
- know your own healing abilities
WHAT THIS IMMERSION WILL GIVE YOU
- A transformative 10 days leaving you feeling connected, grounded, and attuned to your healing capabilities.
- The opportunity to begin a new career as an Ayurvedic Yoga Massage Therapist.
- A lifelong skill to share with loved ones and friends.
- An Ayurvedic Yoga Massage Therapy manual with photos, so you can continue to revisit the course content.
- Upon completion you will be able to perform a complete sequence of the technique and all the variations to attend to the individual needs of your client at a professional level.
- The certification will enable you to obtain insurance to work professionally as a massage therapist.
A 500 year-old refurbished converted barn and cottage nestled in 18 acres of wild woodland, meadows and orchards. It is a haven for wildlife, including deer and badgers, and an astonishing array of birds. With firepits, an outdoor yoga platform and large workshop space, it’s only a 20 min taxi ride from both Exeter train station and the Scorhill, Fernworthy and Grey Wethers Stone Circles, one of the most powerful and least explored temple complexes in the world. Surrounded on all sides by Dartmoor, the oldest National Park in Britain with an 8000 year old wood at its centre and the largest concentration of Bronze Age remains in the country – a land of deep and abiding mystery and magic.
A DAY ON THE IMMERSION WILL RUN ROUGHLY LIKE SO:
7:45am: fruit + tea
8.00 – 8:45 pranayama and yoga practice (optional)
8:45 – 9.30: light breakfast
9:30 – 13:00 AYMT training (observe, give and receive from day 1)
13:00 – 14:30 lunch + rest
14:30 – 19:00: AYMT training with snack break
19:00 – 19:45 dinner + quiet time
19:45 – 20:30 fire circle / yoga nidra / Rebirthing breathwork / Osho Meditation
when: 1 – 11 JULY
where: Gaia Heart Centre, Dartmoor, Devon.
This training includes 80 hours of contact time. This is a hands-on training that covers both theoretical and practical content, working with deep inquiry and exploring the AYMT technique by experiencing it intensively. No prerequisites are required from the students.
This is a great route to becoming a massage therapist if you learn best in a hands-on, practical environment. You will be giving and receiving massage from day one. The training works as a research laboratory where AYMT is intensively experimented.
The training covers the technique in its full and original form, honouring its original creator; master Kusum Modak.
There are three parts to the learning process:
- Observation: Explanation & demonstration of content;
- Action: In pairs, the practice of the content demonstrated;
- Integration: Internalising what was taught through direct experience.
The training includes supervised practice, review of content with Q&A, guidance on the use of props, applied anatomy, subtle anatomy, ethics, pathology and case studies, contraindications, postural correction, and practices for the welfare of the student.
- Introduction to the basics of the technique (structure & practice);
- AYMT’s history and influential contributors;
- Introduction of Ayurveda Principles;
- The elements of AYMT
- The seven steps of the massage sequence;
- Learning to warm up the muscles;
- Use of hands, forearms, elbows, and feet (walking on the back);
- Understanding the quality of the touch to perform AYMT;
- Using massage props (why and when to use them);
- Manoeuvres and stretching – how to apply and its variations;
- Synchronisation of the pressure and breath;
- Learning to set up an 1-hour sequence (which is the original duration) that will serve the needs of each client;
- Applied anatomy to the technique and subtle anatomy, pathology and application of the studied content;
- Client Assessment protocols. Why the medical history form is essential?;
- Postural correction and student welfare practices (preparing the body for delivery)
- Review with Q&A
- Supervised Practice (individual correction, gaining accuracy)
- How to maintain health + wellbeing as a massage therapist.
- Early bird (ends 30 April) – £1560
- Standard price (ends 31 May) – £1700
- Late bird (ends 30 June) – £1850
- Early bird: 3 installments of £520
- Standard price: 2 installments of £850
*If finances are an obstacle to this training, please contact us to discuss possible options.
WHAT THIS PRICE INCLUDES:
- 80-hour massage training and certification
- 10 nights accommodation in the brand new rooms at the Gaian Heart Centre, Sacred Pathways retreat.
- Vegan home-cooked meals by our incredible chef <3
- Transfers from and to Exeter train station.
- Complimentary yoga, meditation, and pranayama classes
- Rebirthing breathwork session
Please contact us at email@example.com for an application form and to reserve your place on this training.