Purnima’s AYM Massage training is designed to you perform it professionally, but you are welcome to join us if you looking for a new skill to share with your family. Also, the training is a great opportunity to treat yourself as you will intensively receive the technique in those days. While you are learning and practising your body will get stronger, you will wake up body consciousness and connect more with your intuition, learning to listen better your soul and your needs. It’s a beautiful path of transformation, healing, raising self-esteem and self-love.
The complete AYM Training is divided into Level 1: Basic & Intermediate and Level 2 Retreat: Advanced, with a total of 78 hours of contact time. This is a hands on training that covers both theoretical and practical content, working as a research laboratory where the AYM technique is experienced intensively. Some alternative therapies such as meditation, breath work and yoga will be offered to the group as support to the student’s learning process. The training covers the technique in its full and original form, maintaining fidelity to the creative source, Kusum Modak. It includes supervised practice, review of content with Q&A, guidance on the use of props, applied anatomy, subtle anatomy, pathology and case studies, contraindications, postural correction and practices for the welfare of the student. Students receive a manual with photos and an accredited certification at the end of the course The learning process occurs through three dynamics:
- Explanation/ demonstration of content (Observation);
- In pairs, the practice of the content demonstrated (Action);
- The internalisation of what was taught through experiencing in the body (Reception).
LEVEL 1: BASIC & INTERMEDIATE Level 1 includes a total of 42 hours of contact time of theoretical and practical content + 10 case studies and 1 feedback session. No prerequisites are required from students for this phase and at its completion, you will be able to perform a complete sequence (with a few variations) of the technique at a professional level. Students have up to 6 months to perform 10 case studies + 1 feedback session after the end of the Training. Certificates will only be given to the student who completes this phase. Some of the content that will be given in this training are:
- Introduction to the basics of the technique (structure and practice);
- The seven steps of the massage sequence/learning to warm up the muscles;
- Use of hands, forearms, elbows and feet;
- Manoeuvres and stretching – how to apply and its variations;
- Using massage props (why and when to use them);
- Why is the anamnesis form essential?
- Learning to set up a 1-hour sequence (which is the original duration) that will serve the needs of each client;
- Anatomy applied to the technique and subtle anatomy, pathology and application of the studied content;
- Postural correction and student welfare practices (preparing the body for labour);
- Review with Q&A;
- Supervised Practice (individual correction, gaining accuracy);
- Group sessions of alternative therapies: Meditation, Rebirthing, Yoga;
- The need for meditation and yoga to a massage therapist.
YHA London Windmill Ln, Cheshunt EN8 9AJ
LEVEL 2 RETREAT: ADVANCED – Next groups coming soon
Level 2 includes a total of 24 hours of intensive contact time of the theoretical and practical content.
Prerequisites: completion of the Basic & Intermediate Training
The Advanced Training is the opportunity to deepen the technique in its scope and complexity. After mastering the practice learned in the Basic & Intermediate Training, students reach the necessary maturity to start an advanced practice of stretches and manoeuvres ensuring safety for both client and practitioner, and to expand their knowledge to build different massage sequences.
Level 2 will be given in a retreat format where students will practice yoga and meditation daily and will be submitted to a specific vegetarian diet guided by a nutritionist.
Some of the content that will be given in this training are:
- Review of the Basic & Intermediate content punctuated according to the needs of the students;
- Improvement of the technique;
- Improvement of the quality of touch;
- Techniques to refine the perception of the needs of each individual client;
- Advanced techniques of stretching;
- Advanced use of props;
- Contraindication and case studies;
- Review with Q&A;
- Supervised practice;